from slate.com :
Still Doping After All These Years. By Nathaniel Vinton. Friday, July 27, 2007
With so much scrutiny on the Tour de France, why are cyclists still cheating?
from macleans.ca :
Interview: David Walsh. By Marco Ursi. Friday, July 27, 2007
The author of "From Lance to Landis" on doping, doctors and the tarnished reputation of the Tour de France
Some interesting points:
- doping isn't gone from the '07 race.
- it isn't going away anytime soon.
- doping is ubiquitous, sophisticated, and can be hard to trace.
- whistle blowers are often punished by the peloton.
- we -- the fans -- participate in the coverup because we are denial about our heros (especially with someone like Lance).
Can we handle the truth? We are our own worst enemy. By Ray Cipollini. 07/29/06
[A]n open letter of my opinion on the subject of cheating, the constant trampling and indecent and incorrect treatment of our athletes, the realities of the Anti-Doping Agencies, and a call to action.